Friday, October 14, 2011

P.L.U.R. I still Believe does Go Ventures?

mxdwn.com - all that matters in music


The confusion of the past two days concerning the major Los Angeles based concert, Monster Massive, has yet to be resolved. Updates have been streaming in via Facebook the event’s website, but still the pressing question remains, come October 29, where are the masses going to go to get their grooves and ghouls?
The current location conflict seems to be circled around James Event Productions and the event coordinators of Monster Massive, Go Ventures. James Event Productions is claiming that MM will not be at the most recent destination of Oak Canyon Park in Orange. As of October 5 at 9:24 PM they released a statement via their Facebook claiming:
OFFICIAL STATEMENT TO THOSE OF YOU SEEKING CORRECT INFORMATION SURROUNDING THE MONSTER MASSIVE EVENT:
Clarification to all of you trying to get the correct information. James Event staff CORRECTLY informed all concerned callers when we told you that the event IS NOT TAKING PLACE AT OAK CANYON IN ORANGE. We regret that Go Ventures is misleading their patrons, but unfortunately we are not affiliated with this event. We requested that Go Ventures remove Oak Canyon and all associated James Event Productions information from their website by Monday. We updated our website today because they had not yet met our request. We attempted to contact their offices today and received no call back.
We had been blocked from Monster Massive’s Facebook page this afternoon. Their update on Facebook today at 5:42pm was posted after our office closed for the business day. We wish Go Ventures the best with the event, wherever it is going to be held, and hope all participants have a safe and enjoyable time.
MONSTER MASSIVE IS NOT TAKING PLACE AT THE OAK CANYON FACILITY IN ORANGE and all guests will be turned away at the gate.
Monster-Massive-2011-540x400
Go Ventures, the promotion company behind Monster Massive, has had many difficulties trying to book the a location for the world renowned rave. They were turned down from Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum due to a USC and Stanford football game on the same day as the concert. They then attempted to book the Port of Los Angeles, and even showed headliner Armin Van Buuren the venue before the contract was not secured yet. Needless to say this location fell through as well along with the Anaheim Convention Center and the Home Depot Center in Carson leaving the organizers with their last option of Oak Canyon Park. As of 3:31 AM yesterday morning Go Ventures has also released a statement via their Facebook page that is in direct contradiction to the post by James Event Productions.
Go Ventures apologizes to all of our Monster Massive supporters and patrons for not meeting the time frame for providing an update on Oak Canyon Park. We realize that this creates more uncertainty for everyone but we are working night and day to clear up the situation. Monster Massive will be at Oak Canyon Park and we will release more information shortly. We apologize for deleting some comments but we have read them all and will address the issues with facts, not rumors or hear-say. We have worked for nearly 14 years building the Monster Massive brand and over a year planning this show. We do not plan on letting down any of our customers, production staff, artists, employees or supporters.
According to OCWeekly an unnamed former employee of Go Ventures has claimed many discretion’s on the part of President and CEO Reza Gerami who also goes by the moniker DJ Reza. The source says that he never truly secured a location for the event, but rather promised performers such as Van Buuren that it would be at the Port of Los Angeles. The source stated, “Bottom line: they never, never, never had a contract from day one. They’ve been accepting money from people since July knowing they were lying about where it’s taking place.” He added, “It’s not fair for Reza to add another million dollars to his bank account by stealing the ticket buyers money.” The former employee has also made claims that if the event was to not take place Go Ventures would be less than eager to offer refunds to current ticket holders.
Monster Massive is expected to draw over 70,000 attendees, almost as much as their sister concert Love Fest. MM has a 14 year tradition of phenomenal acts such as Deadmau5 and Moby. With October 29 drawing closer the omnipresent question looms, to rage or not to rage?

AVB CANCELLED FOR MONSTER MASSIVE 2011

It’s with great regret that we have to announce the Armin Only Mirage show at Monster Massive 2011 won’t be going ahead in Los Angeles on 29th October. The show has been cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. If you’ve already bought tickets; any questions can be directed to Go Ventures via info@goventures.com or +1 (818) 348-1397.
Armin van Buuren regrets to announce the cancellation of the October 29th date in Los Angeles. Armin, issued the following statement: “Sorry to keep so many of you in the dark regarding my Armin Only event date in LA, but we wanted to be sure of the date before we spoke to you. I understand any anger or upset, but I hope you all understand that I am completely devastated by this cancellation. I’ve never cancelled an Armin Only show before so I’m very upset to have to now. I hope I will see as many of you as possible in the near future”.
We are very sorry for anyone who was planning on going to this show. We are just as disappointed as you are. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
- Armin Only Team -

Monday, September 26, 2011

Nocturnal Wonderland 2011



This year Insomniac Events out did themselves. I went to this event and they blew my mind! I mean, you walk in and it has, like all Insomniac's events the old school love feel to it. I am not talking about love of just music but of people and everyone there including the DJs have this same thought. "how can we as a commuinty spread the message of LOVE. I head more songs about love here then I have at any other party, this is like all Insomniac Events. This is where Insomniac wins always in my book; they always take money from each party and put it back into the party. I mean they don't really skimp on the decor like others do, we won't mention names. (there isn't a reason of spreading negative energy) They always have a great line up, I have never been disipointed with them. I saw some of my favorite DJs that night and some that I have never heard before. What I like about Insomniac is they always bring a few old school DJs back and they are always great to see. I saw one that I haven't seen since 2009, Gareth Emery. This man blew my mind so many times I can't event tell you how awesome it was that they brought him back. When I talk about parties to people, I get a negative reaction from them. I know why this is, but we as a society we judge too quickly and don't give people/things a chance; With that if you have never been to a "Rave" the next one Insomniac is throwing is called Escape from Wonderland. This is the first year that they are doing it, so they have EVERYTHING to prove to they costumers. If you are free on OCT 29th I encourage you, no I challenge you to go to it; free you mind, lose all of your inhibitions and let your walls down and EXPERIENCE it. Lose yourself to the music, hug a stranger, smile and above all DANCE! Life is too short to not smile and do what makes you happy. How do you know if this doesn't make yo happy until you go...

If you want to go visit this website. http://www.escapefromwonderland.com/

I am not making any money off of this I just wish more people like you went to this.